Wednesday, 27 February 2008

SMWC-days 3 and 4

Been a little busy the last few days, no racing for Jane or I, but still lots going on. I will try and recap a little of whats been happening.
Day 3- Very leisurely start on Monday morning, with the rely race scheduled for 6pm that night. Over breakfast we talked with the ISMC technical directer, who told Jane she looked very strong at the top of the first climb in the individual race, but that her transitions were very bad! It was like music to my ears as I have been telling Jane she needs to work on them a little more. So after breakfast were went up the tram from Champery and did a little transition training.

After lunch it was nice to relax in our hotel room, which for the record has a pretty nice view!
We then took the tram again and watched the relay races. We stayed at the top and watched the skins off transitions. It was amazing how fast the top racers (male and female) were going and how fast they could remove there skins. Definitely got a few ideas and how I could improve things....

Day 4- The much anticipated teams race was held on Tuesday. Like the relay race, we couldn't race as there are only 2 of us. I was following Pierre, who come up from SMU, around. He was pretty excited about the race (as was I) and we got to see a lot of the race. It was pretty exciting with the French and Italian slugging it out until the final climb, with the French team pulling away for the win. The Italian woman were unstoppable and won easily.

Were are currently ranked 20th out of 28th nations, which it not bad as there are only 2 of us and I had such a bad race on Sunday. Today is a day off, so we are catching up a little. I have been working on my boot liners, trying to address an issue I have with my little toe.......
Hopefully cutting away some of the liner and adding some trusty duct tape with do the trick, as my next race is the 3000m long race on Friday.
Jane is fronting up for the vertical race tomorrow and then again on Fridays long race!

Remember to keep checking skimo.org and the official SMWC2008 web site for updates, results, photos and some really cool videos.
Thanks to those who have left comments on the posts or wrote us e-mails, we really appreciated it!!

No comments: