Friday, 8 February 2008

La Nocturne de l'Aigle/TSF-Millet/NZ Race?

La Nocturne de l'Aigle-I raced in another small 1hr relay race, La Nocturne de l'Aigle, last night. It was pretty comical really. No poles, running late and a really up set stomach from something I ate/the drive up all made for an interesting little suffer fest.
Luckily my team mate for the night Cyril is really strong, so despite me puking between laps we still got 2nd!
TSF-Millet-We are racing in the TSF-Millet, a 2 day, team of 2 race this weekend. I am gonna race with my usual team's race partner Thomas and Jane will race with Fabian for the first time. Like Thomas and I, Jane and Fabian will race in the Peirra Menta together and the TSF is great preparation for PM.
Should be really fun, check out the course below.
First day is 2080m vertical
Second day is a little shorter, only 2030m of climbing! NZ Race?-I am pretty excited about this race as I want to see how it all works and maybe one day in the near future get a race like this(2 day,2 person team)in New Zealand. Craigieburn to Mt Cheesman/Mt Olympus one day, then finish at Porters the next day! What do you reckon? No really, what do you think? Leave a commit, I would love to hear what people in NZ (or any were)think of a race like this. I am think for 2009 NZ winter it could happen.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi grant,

If you setup such a race in NZ in 2009, I will consider to come over and participate ...

Anonymous said...

Hi grant,

If you setup such a race in NZ in 2009, I will consider to come over and participate ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant and Jane
Nice work on the results that is fantastic!
A two day race sounds awesome. Bring it on.

Tim

GTG said...

Thanks Tim! Was hands down the most enjoyable and hardest race I have done.
It will take a lot to set one up in NZ, a lot of people that is.
They had about 40 people on the Friday and Saturday preparing the course for the next day and about 150 helpers all up!
I think I could make it happen with about 30?
Anonymous-out of interest were would you be coming from?