Thursday, 21 February 2008

4 days to the 2008 SMWC!!

Only 4 days until the 2008 Ski Mountaineering World Champs!!

Pretty exciting here in the French HQ of the New Zealand ski mountaineering race team, with only days until we will be lining up against the best in the world. I think there will be 27 nations and over 300 racer's converging on Champery, Switzerland on the 23rd Feb for the opening ceremony and the short (1650m) individual race will be on the 24th.

To be honest we have hardly even had time to think about, with Jane starting a new job and me dealing with a nasty infection in my toe. If that wasn't enough I feel off my bike today just to keep things interesting......

After racing in the French vertical and individual champs I'm not stressing to much and have a pretty good idea of what to expect.



We did manage to get out for small work out this morning. It was cloudy for the first time it what seems like weeks, which made for some cool cloud formations....



Chamechaude




Vercors
I just got the new Dynafit race ski, the SR World Cup Limited Edition the Friday before the Croix de Chamechaude , so it was nice to get out on them again and to "break in" my skins some more.
I mounted them with Dynafit Ti toe pieces and XP50 heel bindings. I am using XP500 carbon fiber boots, which are pretty darn good. The New SR World Cup skis are really nice too. I was impressed when mounting them as I had to drill through a steal top sheet and then wood, no foam!

No comments: