Wednesday, 5 March 2008

Jane's Take...

Jane wanted to do a small post to give some feed back from the SMWC. Probably nice for people to have another person's take on things...

First of all, a big thanks to everyone who wrote comments of support and encouragement. I have to admit even up to the last couple of weeks before the world champs, I wasn't entirely sure I would be attending, for a number of reasons. I am really glad, however, I decided to go. I was happy with all my results, but even happier with what I feel I have learnt from going to the world champs, competing and talking to fellow racers and coaches, for starters, doubling my training would help!
It would be really exciting to return in 2010 to the world champs in Andorra with a bigger, stronger NZ team. In the National Ranking NZ finished 21st out of 28, which is not a bad result for a two person team, however, there is no reason NZ could not do a lot better than this in the next world champs, it would be great for us to be able to enter the teams race and the relay next time. I think NZ has great potential in this sport being a little country with a lot of mountains and a lot of outdoors sporty types. I hope to see the sport grow in NZ this winter, hopefully with more races and more participation, so anyone who feels like organising some sort of race no matter how big or small (or competing in one, if you haven't already), go for it.
Jane


We might race in the La Croix de Chamrousse this Sunday, or we may just rest for the Pierra Menta which starts on the 13th! Will try and keep you updated

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you are doing for your discipline and your country is great ... You can be proud of it :)

Stephane

Anonymous said...

By 'your discipline' I meant 'your sport' ....