Sunday, 23 March 2008

Fresh Tracks.......

I went up to Chamrousse yesterday and skied during the storm. It was pretty fun, its been ages since I have been out skiing when its dumping snow and after racing around last weekend with 300 other people it was nice to ski by myself. I stayed close to the ski area and skied lower angled slopes since I was by myself. I could still see tracks from the day before as it had only snow about 10-15cm.

Today we woke to blue skies so were out the door early for some more freshies. It snow all yesterday afternoon and those same slopes I skied yesterday were completely fulled in. We climber fast knowing that once the lifts of Chamrousse open skiers would be going out of bounds almost immediately to ski these lines.
Below is the proof we managed to beat the life lines.....



Pretty funny skiing shin deep powder on full race gear, Jane's skis are only 150cm long and 60mm under foot! The snow was super light and fluffy, so not difficult skiing.
After 2 laps on the easy to get to terrain we followed the "high way" out to one of the smaller peaks (over 2000m and I should know the name of it by now!) and managed to find some more great skiing on the way back to the car. We climbed about 1200m, which after last Saturday were the first climb of the Pierra Menta was 1200m, felt surprisingly easy.

2 comments:

Lyndsay Meyer said...

Hi Jane

Lyndsay again. Curious if you would like to race the Trohpee Muveran with me in La Suisse on the 30th. Nina sick, but its teams of 2 or 3 so she could join in. My email is Lyndsaymeyer@hotmail.com. Its 2300 and supposed to be amaaing. Nicolas going as well. Let me know. Thanks!

Lyndsay

Anonymous said...

Gee Grant

Don't wanna get sucked into all that powder skiing lark next thing you know you'll replace the F1 with a T1 and ....

Duncan